Friday, December 19, 2008

Week 37 and Belly Shots

Yeah, we have made it to week 37 which means the bun in the oven is officially cooked. If the baby is done developing at 37 weeks, why does pregnancy go 40 weeks? I guess if I was warm and happy in goo I wouldn't want to come out into the freezing, crazy world either. I am still feeling great and staying active and Carlos is still great and supportive, although I am sure he panics every time I call him at work. Anyway here is the week 37 update and belly pics (from week 36, don't forget to vote):

Doctor Stats
Week 37:

Total weight gain: 25 lbs.

Dilated 3 cm (baby doesn't come out until 10 cm). This doesn't mean much, according to doc, we could go into labor tonight or not for a couple weeks so he said to make sure our bag is packed (clearly he doesn't know me or he would know that bag was packed a week ago). He is pretty sure though that this baby will be here in December, but who knows, we are just trying to be patient. Belly pictures courtesy of Eden Thome, a great friend with an amazing photography talent and 2 beautiful sons of her own.


4 comments:

Amit said...

By your logic, and if baby is anything like you, it could be forever until you give birth.

Just kidding, baby wants to come out and enjoy the cold (like I used to).

Whit and Jake said...

Seriously, why would you want to come out any faster than you had to? Well, I hope for your nerve's sake this little person comes sooner than later, especially so I can have more time to spend with you guys before I have to come back!! The pictures are beautiful Eden, as always, and the model is quite beautiful too!

Becky said...

I had to laugh when I saw you laying on the bed with your beautiful round tummy cause it reminded me how times have changed ... when I was pregnant with Josh (1973-1974) Philip insisted on me laying on the bed and taking pics of my tummy and I cried cause I didnt want to! haha I thought people would think it was indecent!

Lisa Mae said...

I'm so glad to see you blogging and to know things are trucking right along with your little one. Your photos are great. We did some about a week before I went on bed rest and I was so glad we did. We also took some in the hospital, even the day before the boys were born. I just looked at them the other day and could not believe how big I was. It is true that you forget about all the discomfort you went through once they are born.

I'm going to have to put my vote in for a girl. Everyone seems to be having boys and if that keeps up, who am I going to make cute girlie things for? ;)

PS - the nurses at Renown were amazing!! If you need anything while you are there, let me know since I go in at least two times a day to see the boys - you'll be on the same floor. Amit has my cell #.

Best wishes to all 4. - love the blog name, too.