Thursday, August 6, 2009

10 Reasons Why I Love Being A Mommy!

#10 - His Cry

Although his cry is very loud, how can you not think this face is adorable? Seems as though Maddux is not a water baby like his mother yet, but he will be just give it time.

#9 - Nap Time
Yes, he is sleeping with 1 eye half open and yes, he is sleeping while holding his head rest. His naps are usually in his crib or swing, these just happen to be the only sleeping pics we have. They were taken by our good friend Amit who walked him for an hour and a half ever day for 7 weeks while I recently taught a summer school class. Lucky for him, Maddux slept most of the time, and lucky for me to have such a good friend.

#8 - His Curiosity

Maddux usually studies all new objects placed in front of him then finds a way to make sure they get into his mouth. As you can see in the second picture he can't get the toy in his mouth so he gives up. Maddux did love his walking car that grandma Chris got him to use at her house, since we don't have any hard surfaces at our house.

#7 - Seeing Him Reach Milestones


The first picture is deceiving. He isn't quite crawling, just going from his hands and knees to his back. As I mentioned before, I really don't think he is going to crawl. The second picture shows his true passion, standing. This boy will fuss forever until he is close to a sturdy object so he can pull himself to a stand or use one of us as his sturdy object.

#6 - His Big, Brown Eyes



What more to say!

#5 - His Need For Mommy

I am dreading the day when he is too big to need me.

#4 - Seeing How Much He Loves Daddy



Everday when Carlos walks through the door at about 5:30 pm Maddux lights up. There have been many instances where he has been fussy and the second daddy came through the door everything was wonderful. I think he will be a daddy's boy once he doesn't depend on me for survival.

#3 - Hearing His Sounds and Laughs


Tau had to find a way to get in this top 10 some how.
#2 - Seeing His Smiles


Going into his room in the morning to get him up and seeing a huge smile that greets me makes my entire day. I can't imagine a better way to start your day.

#1 - The Feeling I Get When I See My Son



I love him so much and I am thankful to have a husband that loves him just as much.

5 comments:

Thome Family said...

Oh my gosh...this is the best post ever!! We really need to get together soon...maybe for a little photo session :) You two are the best parents...and Maddux is SO CUTE!!!

Amit said...

If I'm late for our walk today now you know why =P

In the second picture on #8 he looks just like Carlos!

CC said...

i adore the last photo!

Amit said...

I just watched all the cuteness again!

In Tau's defense I will say this: if he didn't sneak in we'd have 1+1=3 and come on, even a 7 month old baby knows that is just wrong...

Becky said...

I just got a little choked up that this is Paige writing these lovely sentiments. Who would have ever imagined how much you would LOVE being a mom?!?!?

I'm with CC, the last picture is precious. Of course, I loved looking at all of them!